The Abbotsford Sports Hall of Fame has been privileged to partner with local businesses to offer post-secondary scholarships to outstanding Wall of Fame athletes.
The Imperial Sports Scholarship was launched in 2006, granting $1,000 to a Wall of Famer attending a post-secondary institution. In 2016, a second $1,000 award – the BA Blacktop Scholarship – was established.
The scholarship recipients must satisfy all of the following:
- The applicant must have competed successfully at an extremely high level in high school or community athletic programs.
- The applicant must have applied for and been inducted into the Abbotsford Sports Wall of Fame.
- Applications for this scholarship will be supplied by the Abbotsford Hall of Fame directors to potential candidates. Candidates must submit the completed application by the deadline specified on the application form.
- The successful applicant will attend a post-secondary institution to continue their studies and athletics within one year of receiving the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a graduate of (or will graduate from) an Abbotsford area high school in June of the year of application.
**An athlete inducted into the Wall of Fame in any year before their year of graduation may apply during their year of graduation**
|Adamson Family Scholarship recipients|
|2017||Vikramjit Gondara||hammer, discus|
|2016||Callum Pilgrim||softball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, track, cross-country|
|BA Blacktop Scholarship recipients|
|Imperial Sports Scholarship recipients|
|2015||Amrit Sidhu||field hockey|